14 iun. 2012

Medusa/Yellow taxi

It’s sunny outside - in my heart is a cold dead winter,
I look at the yellow taxis - supposed to bring you near…
I watch them slow down and go by
And you are not inside…

No one spares me a glance, not even a smile/not even a pity:
“Look at her she’s alone on this sunny day…
Basking in the sun, she looks like she’s spirited away.”
YES madam, I am as cold as a winter breeze,
Cause someone meddled with my heart and broke it for gold…

Look at me how I ended up
Not even the sun, not even the nightingales can get it right.

I listen to every song of the nature
But, all I hear are screeching gales,
Bruises on my heart appearing
As you pass by in a yellow taxi,
Not sparing a glance, not even a smile…
Never looking back, not even a glance, not even a goodbye…

I put my heart on my sleeve - I played with the fate -
And I ended up being without any aid.

 I’m writing this as he goes by,
            - In a yellow taxi -
Not even looking at me, not even a glance.

I see strangers on the street
Hand in hand whispering love,
But all I can feel is my broken soul
And

Cold inside.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu